Coach Hire Comparison Limited (“we”, “us”) is registered in England and Wales, Company registration number: 8883045. Our registered office is: 7 Honeycroft Court, Broadmeadows, South Normanton, Derbyshire, DE55 3AF, UK. We treat the personal information of site users with the utmost respect and confidentiality and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and accurately.
In general, we use the information we collect about you to help our Suppliers provide journey solutions to users of our site, provide information services to relevant third parties, improve the features and services we offer and support our own marketing and promotion efforts.
We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual or to contact you directly (“personal information”).
Personal information includes information you provide us such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password, and payment information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We request information about your travel plans, style, and preferences.
Other information we may choose to collect may also include details such as your IP address, information identifying your device, and website browsing history to the extent that information is about you.
Automatic Collection of Information
We automatically collect some information from your computer or device when you visit the Website. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as pages viewed. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customise your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enable us to personalise your visits to our site, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of our Website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (your browser’s help screen or manual will tell you how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of our site and other websites.
Like all websites, our servers automatically record “log files” containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. Internet Protocol (IP) address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used, which help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files alone.
How we use your information
Coach Hire Comparison uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:-
- to provide you with the products and services you request
- to provide you with booking confirmation and updates
- to manage your account, including processing payments and providing travel notifications
- to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Website
- to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that we think may be of interest to you
- to otherwise customise your experience with the Website
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys
- to resolve disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
If you have signed up as a Supplier, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us. Advertisers can update their information and change settings in their ‘Control Panel’ page once signed in.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your travel-related interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send, or you can e-mail us.
Please review “Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” section below for more information.
With whom we share your information
Coach Hire Comparison may share your information with the following entities:-
- Suppliers who fulfil your travel reservations. Throughout the Website and its affiliated sites, all products and services provided by third-party suppliers are described as such.
- Payment solution provider, Nochex, whereby you agree that we may share data about you with payment provider and vice versa in order to facilitate or assess your use of the online payment platform or for other internal purposes. Such data may include details of enquiries, bookings, transactions, refunds, chargebacks or other claims or events relating to bookings and/or payments.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or promotions, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction, or whose products or services we think may be of interest to you. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary.
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including Suppliers and investors. For example, we may tell our Suppliers the number of visitors our Website receives. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How Long We Keep Your Information for
We may retain certain information associated with your use of the Website in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on the Website.
- You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below (see “Contact Us”), and we may charge a small fee for providing you with this information.
- Please note where ever we collect personal information, we display the Information Commissioner’s padlock symbol to alert you to the fact that personal data is being requested and that it will be processed fairly and lawfully.
- We respect your privacy and will not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
- We endeavour to ensure that your personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email/ text messages we send.
- Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your use of the Website.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from the Website, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using the Website to plan and book your vehicle hire, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintained appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorised or unlawful access, use of disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions.
Call Recording and Monitoring
How you can contact us