If you’ve been put in charge of organising a hen party but stuck for a few ideas, we can help. We’ve put together a list of the most popular places to visit in the UK and Europe.
Keeping things local
You don’t have to travel abroad to have a good hen do, there are plenty of wonderful places to visit in the UK. Whether you’re looking for a night or a weekend away, cities like Newcastle and Liverpool have been firm favourites for years.
At Coach Hire Comparison, we can arrange transport to pick you up and take you and your friends and family anywhere in the UK and then either return you later that evening or after your weekend of fun – the choice is completely up to you.
Known for the Beatles, Liverpool Football Club but more importantly for its quirky places to eat and drink. We can guarantee that whatever you fancy, you’ll be able to find it. Enjoy American classics at Free State Kitchen or try Indian street food at Mowgli and then end the evening with a cocktail or a few at MOJO. Liverpool is a city full of heritage in music, sport and culture – you’ll have plenty to fill your days and nights for a memorable hen do away.
- Places to eat – Panoramic 34 (£££), Kasbah (££), Dale Street Kitchen (£)
- Nightlife – 9/10, with plenty of bars and clubs, there’s something for everyone.
- Things to do – The Cavern Club, Albert Dock, Tate Gallery
If you are looking for a hen party destination where you can top up on your vitamin sea, then the vibrant seaside city of Brighton is perfect. It has all the charms of a traditional seaside town, but when you delve a little deeper, you’ll discover exciting attractions, endless networks of shopping and plenty of wonderful cuisines to choose from.
- Places to eat – Gingerman (£££), Chamuyo (££), Burger Brothers (£)
- Nightlife – 8/10, known for its great nightlife scene, there is somewhere to suit all tastes of music.
- Things to do – i360 Viewing Tower, Palace Pier, Sunset Boat Trip
Known as the unofficial ‘capital of the North’, Manchester is one of the UK’s biggest and best party cities. Being home to millions of people, there are plenty of wonderful activities to fill your days, in and around the city. The fun doesn’t stop there, when the sun goes down there are endless amounts of restaurants, bars and nightclubs for you to visit. If you enjoy cocktails that look like works of art, we recommend heading to the Alchemist where you can be amazed as your cocktail changes colour or is set alight.
- Places to eat – Mana (£££), Zouk Tea Bar & Grill (££), Almost Famous (£)
- Nightlife – 10/10, closely behind London, Manchester is known for a fun-packed evening of fun.
- Things to do – Crystal Maze Live Experience, Cocktail Making, Adonis Cabaret Show
We have all heard stories of how the Geordie’s like to party, so what better place for a memorable hen weekend than surrounded by the glitz and the glam of Newcastle’s locals. If the hardcore party scene is not quite what you’re looking for, then there are plenty of slower-paced activities and bars waiting for you to make memories.
- Places to eat – The Patricia (£££), Cosy Dove (££), Aiden’s Kitchen (£)
- Nightlife – 8/10, the clubbing capital of the North East.
- Things to do – Live Theatre, Gin Tasting, Dreamboys Show
Let’s take this thing global!
From Barcelona to Marbella, Prague to Amsterdam, organising a trip abroad could be the perfect solution in creating a memorable hen do. With many destinations in Europe only a short flight away, the possibilities are endless.
Here at Coach Hire Comparison, we understand that organising a hen do can be stressful and time-consuming, that’s why we like to make things simple. Hiring a coach with us for travel to your chosen airport is not only cost-effective, it is also stress-free. With everyone in the same place, start your holiday the minute you get on the coach.
We’ve selected some of our favourite European destination for an unforgettable hen do!
Barcelona has been a popular destination for many years, with everything you could want. Miles of beautiful beaches, hot, sunny weather and endless bars – Barcelona is the perfect destination whether you’re looking to relax and spend your days on the sand, enjoying the beautiful Mediterranean Sea or bustling days viewing the mesmerising architecture.
- Places to eat – Kingsman (£££), Paisano Café (££), Bar Santa Fe (£)
- Nightlife – 9/10, head to Port Olympic for of the best nightclubs and bars in Barcelona.
- Things to do – Full Moon Party, La Sagrada Família, Park Güell
From medieval castles to underground pubs, cobbled streets to beautiful landscapes, we understand why Prague is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe. Prague is the perfect European destination if you’ve got a tight budget, but still want days full of exciting activities and evenings enjoying the best in nightlife.
- Places to eat – Bellevue (£££), Cosia (££), Black Bettie’s Grill (£)
- Nightlife – 9/10, Prague has an excellent nightlife, in many places beer is cheaper than water!
- Things to do – Bubbly Bike, Cocktail Making Class, River Cruise
Benidorm has been a popular place for hen parties for years, with an endless array of bars, plenty of hen party activities and lots of sun. There’s everything from karaoke bars to pubs and clubs, you’ll have everything you could want to celebrate with your hen. Enjoy a glass of sangria on the square or head to the famous Strip for a night of partying until the sun starts to rise.
- Places to eat – Restaurante Belvedere (£££), Northern Sole (££), Seven Stars (£)
- Nightlife – Benidorm nightlife isn’t for the faint-hearted, from fluorescent cocktails to matching t-shirts – you’re guaranteed a wild night out.
- Things to do – Saturday Beachfront Party, Guided Bar Crawl, Balcón del Mediterráneo