Do’s and Don’t’s Of Booking Coach Hire
5th March 2016
There are a number of factors that you should take into account when you are looking for a company that offers coach hire services.
Did you know:-
The standard of service, and the quality of vehicles and drivers, can make all the difference. A good operator is easy to contact and responds promptly in a friendly and approachable manner.
- They have knowledge and experience and are happy to advise on travelling times, comfort stops and other options available to you.
- Having a regular driver who knows and understands your group can be important, but you may also find that one operator is more suitable for one day trip, while another has proven experience in tours abroad.
- Shopping around for prices gives you a basis for comparison and will also influence your purchasing decision.
The following is a checklist of items you should look for when hiring a coach operator:-
- Make sure you can see a copy of a current operator’s licence
- Check Insurances including motor, fleet, public and employers liability
- Do some due diligence on the company’s reputation
- Make sure they have well maintained vehicles with seatbelts that work
- Check that the coaches are presented in a clean and safe condition
- Communication is essential make sure the company is easy to contact
Licences for coach hire
Did you know:-
- Vehicles operating with nine or more passenger seats, need a public service vehicle (PSV) operator’s licence.
- Businesses that run one or more public service vehicles (PSV), such as a coach or minibus, need an operator’s licence.
- To ensue PSV vehicles are used properly and safely, operators must be licensed by the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (DVSA).
There are four types of PSV licences:
- Standard licence – national operations only. Most full-time commercial operators use standard licences. Standard licence – national and international operations. This licence allows you to take passengers abroad as well as within Great Britain.
- Restricted licence – for small operations only. This only allows you to use one or two vehicles.
- Special licence – for taxis only. Only licensed taxi operators can apply for a Special PSV licence.
As you can see there is a lot to take into account so it is important that you pick the right coach hire company in the beginning which will help you get a smooth transaction and ensure your trip is great through and through.
Coach Hire Comparison Ltd